Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Who Dressed You?


Its not that I do not appreciate new and innovative jerseys and promotional items. I just have a problem with jerseys that do not reflect the image and mentality of the league or a franchise. I will and do give credit where credit is due. When I first saw the Buffalo Bandits third jerseys last year I was shocked. I thought the design was far-fetched and that it looked awful. However, after one week of seeing the jerseys on film during the production of "RUGBURN" and pictures from the game I fell in love with the jerseys. I now consider the Bandits third jersey top of the NLL class along with Minnesota's home stripper sweater, Philadelphia's third jersey, and of course the plaid third jersey of the departed Lumberjaxs.

As for this year I have heard/saw that Boston will be coming out with a third jersey in black. But that was the only news I could find in regards to new sweaters. Until that is I turned on the NLL Network to see the Rochester Knighthawks wearing new home jerseys featuring a new logo that looks like it was inspired by the Care Bear Count Down.

To be perfectly honest I do like the colour of the jerseys. Unlike most franchises that continuously over use the red, white, and black colour schemes. Teal is very unique and a tradition with the Knighthawks. The best K-Hawks jersey to date has been the old school third jersey with "Rochester" across the chest (couldn't find any pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment